Disney anything and everything!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Disney anything and everything!

prep and countdown to our romantic disney trip. =)

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Christmas Related Events at WDW

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
WalkonPooh
Admin
Admin
WalkonPooh

Christmas Related Events at WDW Empty
PostSubject: Christmas Related Events at WDW   Christmas Related Events at WDW I_icon_minitimeMarch 20th 2009, 08:49

Wanted to make a thread about this, as a reminder that there will be other stuff to do at the World besides the usual stuff. So any Christmas related events you can think of, post them in here.

At MK for MVMCP there is the Celebrate the Season show, Disney characters mixed with characters from The Nutcracker perform a show. There's Mickeys 'Twas the Night Before Christmas at the Galaxy Palace Theater and the parade.

At Studios theres the Osborne Family Spectacle of Dancing Lights at the Streets of America, where Celebrations Magazine says to head there about half an hour early to beat the crowds, by the time the streets get super crowded you've seen everything and can go do something else.

So yeah, post any others here.
Back to top Go down
http://awake7thexfallen.blogspot.com
loveisstatic
Admin
Admin
loveisstatic

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Related Events at WDW   Christmas Related Events at WDW I_icon_minitimeApril 10th 2009, 03:31

sounds good! for the sake of my own remembering, i'm gonna go ahead and list every christmassy event that i know of at the world. if you see that i've missed something or am a little outdated, feel free to edit my post and throw it in or take it out. =)

Magic kingdom

Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party
Features:

⭐ The enchanted Castle Dream Lights on Cinderella Castle

⭐ Mickey's Once Upon A Christmastime Parade, complete with a special appearance by Santa Claus himself.

⭐ "Mickey's Night Before Christmas", in the Galaxy Palace Theater, several times daily.

⭐ An exclusive holiday fireworks extravaganza — Holiday Wishes:

⭐ Celebrate the Spirit of the Season (special event?)

⭐ Live entertainment featuring Disney Characters

⭐ Meet and greet opportunities throughout Magic Kingdom theme park with some of your favorite Disney Characters

⭐ Complimentary cookies and hot cocoa

⭐ A magical snow fall on Main Street, U.S.A.

Epcot

6:00 PM tree-lighting at entrance of world showcase

Holidays around the world
Features:

⭐ Candlelight Processional – a retelling of the Christmas story with a celebrity narrator and a 50-piece orchestra

⭐ IllumiNations: Holiday Edition – A spectacular light and sound fireworks show

⭐ Holiday Storytellers – legendary holiday folklore from around the world told by the legends themselves

⭐ Candlelight Dinner Packages – special packages that include dinner and reserved seating for the Candlelight Processional; additional cost applies

Disney's Hollywood Studios

The Osborne Family Spectacle of Dancing Lights

Disney's official site says on some nights, if you truly believe in holiday magic, the entire show is even capped off with an enchanted flurry of snowfall. Christmas Related Events at WDW Purty10

Animal Kingdom

Mickey's Jingle Jungle Parade (very cute, saw it while i was there =)

Guests also can meet Disney characters decked out in their holiday best at Camp Minnie-Mickey which also features live seasonal entertainment, holiday photo opportunities and decorative Christmas trees.

Downtown Disney

Strolling musicians and Tin Soldier stilt walkers are here to add to the holiday festivities.

At the Marketplace, you'll find Santa Claus waiting to greet you at his chalet.

Last edited by loveisstatic on April 10th 2009, 08:20; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://loveydoveyndisney.forumotion.net
WalkonPooh
Admin
Admin
WalkonPooh

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Related Events at WDW   Christmas Related Events at WDW I_icon_minitimeApril 10th 2009, 06:12

Quote :
Like a Star @ heaven "Mickey's Night Before Christmas", in the Galaxy Palace Theater, several times daily. (included in MVMCP or separate?)

As far as I know, that's only for MVMCP, I think they just mean throughout MVMCP.
Back to top Go down
loveisstatic
Admin
Admin
loveisstatic

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Related Events at WDW   Christmas Related Events at WDW I_icon_minitimeApril 10th 2009, 08:21

okay good deal, that's what i was thinking but i wanted to make certain. =)
everything else looks pretty good then?
Back to top Go down
WalkonPooh
Admin
Admin
WalkonPooh

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Related Events at WDW   Christmas Related Events at WDW I_icon_minitimeApril 10th 2009, 17:54

Yeah! I didn't know about the surprise snowfall during the Osborne Lights :face:
Back to top Go down
loveisstatic
Admin
Admin
loveisstatic

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Related Events at WDW   Christmas Related Events at WDW I_icon_minitimeApril 11th 2009, 02:15

i know, same here! i thought the only snow we'd be seeing at disney is on main street. 👅
Back to top Go down
WalkonPooh
Admin
Admin
WalkonPooh

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Related Events at WDW   Christmas Related Events at WDW I_icon_minitimeApril 12th 2009, 10:53

And when we go to Celebration :bounce:
Back to top Go down
loveisstatic
Admin
Admin
loveisstatic

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Related Events at WDW   Christmas Related Events at WDW I_icon_minitimeApril 14th 2009, 02:35

i'm *so* excited about going there! it's going to be so romantic, walking up and down the streets in the "snow" and stuff together. Christmas Related Events at WDW Hearrr10
after st. augustine i've grown a huge respect for little charming towns that celebration town seems to be.

here's a video of the snow, so ya can kind of get an idea of what it's like... the guy laughing made me lol. :lol:

i also noticed a lot of videos of people driving around celebration to look at all the christmassy-lit houses. we're going to rent a car around that time right? that would be so fun. ☀
Back to top Go down
WalkonPooh
Admin
Admin
WalkonPooh

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Related Events at WDW   Christmas Related Events at WDW I_icon_minitimeApril 14th 2009, 05:50

Haha, crazy dude. WTF was so funny?

Yeah, we'll definitely have a car.
Back to top Go down
loveisstatic
Admin
Admin
loveisstatic

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Related Events at WDW   Christmas Related Events at WDW I_icon_minitimeApril 10th 2010, 09:43

Yep! for the whole week that we're there. Smile
Back to top Go down
WalkonPooh
Admin
Admin
WalkonPooh

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Related Events at WDW   Christmas Related Events at WDW I_icon_minitimeApril 12th 2010, 06:52

Wooohooo! So does this mean that we're going to go look at christmas lights that night too?
Back to top Go down
loveisstatic
Admin
Admin
loveisstatic

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Related Events at WDW   Christmas Related Events at WDW I_icon_minitimeApril 12th 2010, 22:26

definitely! and from the looks of this article, the x-mas lights are pretty serious. the people in celebration compete!

Quote :

Celebration Christmas Lights Contest Winners
March 28, 2010 by Celebration Florida Magazine
Filed under Around Town

Christmas Related Events at WDW Celebration-Christmas-Lights-Contest-best-town1

Since the Town’s inception, Celebration residents have enthusiastically embraced the traditional American winter holiday practice of decorating the exteriors of their homes with strands of lights, evergreen garland, and bright-colored ribbon. This year, Celebration has resumed its practice of sponsoring a holiday exterior illumination contest for residents. Organized by the Special Events Committee, participants were required to register in advance to be considered. The just-announced results not only recognized a few perennial favorites but also revealed a few surprises. Further, all award winners were decorated by the owners themselves.

Celebration Christmas Lights Contest Winners

A “best” award was given to each of the familiar Celebration styles (bundalow/garden, cottage, village, etc.). There were also two “overall” awards, one for the most aggressive and overdone display (in the spirit of the Osborne Lights and the now legendary Griswold Family of Chevy Chase movie fame), and the other for Best in Town.

A panel of resident-judges, whose identities were not revealed for their own protection, decided the awards. The judging criteria included creativity, originality, balance, tastefulness, consistency, attractiveness, and the “wow” factor.

Best-in-Town was awarded to Joseph and Kelly Konopka (900 Blue Sage Street). Their East Village townhome featured a huge illuminated Santa topiary as the centerpiece, with wreaths decorated with white lights mounted on the front door and in all front and side windows. According to the owners, “Not being fans of ready-made decorations, creating something new and exciting to look at each year is one of our traditions. We always use existing decorations but expand or reinvent them each year.”

The Osborne Award was given to a regular town favorite, the Whitmire Family home at 905 Pondview in East Village. Inspired by the movie National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation, the Whitmire’s not only load their yard with just about every conceivable holiday item, but with the help of their neighbors they also display glowing candy canes along the curb on both sides of the block. Said Kathy Whitmire, “What can we say – it does not get any tackier than Clark W’s home!”

The winners in each home style included:

Bungalow/Garden: The Warner Family (210 Norfolk in North Village), who commented, “ Everyone decorates with lights – so we wanted to turn our perfectly yummy home into a gingerbread house.”

Village: Rick Hughes’ house at 911 Jasmine in Celebration Village, whose dancing, music-synchronized lights this year extend to the neighbor’s homes on each side of his.

Manor: The Shaw Family (757 Oak Shadows in East Village), whose display was recognized by the judges for the tasteful, balanced use of white lights and red bells. Noted Pam Shaw, “Our decorations reflect our classic traditional style.” The judges agreed, observing that it certainly presented what people would expect in the traditionally styled town of Celebration.

Estate: The Berger Family (883 Spring Park Loop in South Village), whose antique Santa on the porch and lighted angels on the lawn caught the attention of judges. Said Adam Berger, “Our house is decorated by the entire family. The highlight is our special Santa. It’s Everyone’s favorite!”

Condo: Robert and Jan McChesney (901 Waterside Lane, 2-104). The judges particularly liked the classic use of lights to accentuate the hedge and porch, as well as the deer guarding the doorway.

The judges also wanted to acknowledge two other exceptional entries, which finished very close in their respective categories, as well as for the Osborne Award:

Jack and Jeri McLaughlin (205 Eastpark in North Village). “My husband loves the movie National Lampoon’s Family Christmas,” said Jeri, “and can’t wait to see what lights the stores/catalogs are offering each year. However, we love Jesus most of all and offer our display to all of our community of Celebration to remind everyone of the true meaning of Christmas.”

Luis Santini (1200 Roycroft in Artisan Park). Located on Celebration Avenue at the entrance to Artisan Park, the wild array of light, figures, and blow-ups draws lots of spectators each evening. “Our family tried to make it seem like Santa’s workshop,” explained Santini. “We celebrate all the holidays.”

The judges noted that although all the entrants were attractive and noteworthy, many other homes in Celebration would have been worthy of consideration had they registered in advance. Added contest organizers Katie Tamanini and Bert Fitzgibbons, “There are so many fabulously decorated homes here in Celebration and we hope for many more entries next year.”

Originally posted 2009-12-23 13:44:47.

oh man, i'm so excited! i remember when i was a little girl, during christmas time my dad would take us around the block to look at the christmas lights people had put up. i haven't done that in soo many years.
Back to top Go down
WalkonPooh
Admin
Admin
WalkonPooh

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Related Events at WDW   Christmas Related Events at WDW I_icon_minitimeApril 17th 2010, 23:20

Oh man, that's going to be awesome. What time does it get dark though in FL in December? Cause remember we were thinking of heading back earlier than we originally planned.
Back to top Go down
loveisstatic
Admin
Admin
loveisstatic

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Related Events at WDW   Christmas Related Events at WDW I_icon_minitimeApril 18th 2010, 11:23

with the time change happening in where, november? i wanna say 5 or 6.
Back to top Go down
WalkonPooh
Admin
Admin
WalkonPooh

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Related Events at WDW   Christmas Related Events at WDW I_icon_minitimeApril 20th 2010, 11:12

Awesome, should give us a bit of time then.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Related Events at WDW   Christmas Related Events at WDW I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Christmas Related Events at WDW
Page 1 of 1