Disney anything and everything!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Disney anything and everything!

prep and countdown to our romantic disney trip. =)

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Are You 23?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
WalkonPooh
Admin
Admin
WalkonPooh

Are You 23? Empty
PostSubject: Are You 23?   Are You 23? I_icon_minitimeMarch 11th 2009, 09:50

So Disney officially announced today what this is all about. Here's the official details via WDWNT.

Quote :
Oakland and Burbank, CALIF. – March 10, 2009 – Disney today announced the launch of D23 (www.Disney.com/D23), the first official community for Disney fans in the Company’s 85-year history. Through D23, fans will go backstage and behind closed doors to get the inside scoop from every part of Disney, while experiencing the nostalgia, adventure and fantasy of Disney as never before.

“We have a fantastic legacy that started in 1923 and is based on timeless stories, beloved characters and unforgettable experiences, but it’s our fans that keep the spirit of Disney alive year after year, generation after generation,” said Disney President and CEO Bob Iger at the Company’s annual shareholder’s meeting. “D23 is our way of saying ‘thank you’ and celebrating our fans, who bring the magic of Disney to life every day in every corner of the world.”

As a part of this new Disney fan experience, today also marks the launch of D23’s new quarterly publication, Disney twenty-three; the all-new D23 Web site at Disney.com/D23; and a new collectibles line, The Walt Disney Archives Collection, which was created specifically with D23 members in mind. D23 also will host special events for its members throughout the year, highlighted by the organization’s signature event, the D23 Expo, which will be held in Anaheim this September 10-13.

A one-year D23 membership ($74.99) includes:

* Disney twenty-three quarterly publication: A one-year subscription (four issues) to D23’s new collectible magazine filled with stunning photography, dazzling illustrations and the ultimate Disney insider perspective. This advertising-free keepsake is the all-access pass to discovering the magic of Disney’s past, present and future.
* Membership Certificate and Card: The D23 membership card and suitable-for-framing member certificate – both specially created for D23’s Charter Year — feature many of Disney’s most beloved characters.
* Surprise Collectible Gift and Member Merchandise: Each member who joins D23 will receive an exclusive collectible gift from the new Walt Disney Archives Collection. This merchandise line was created specifically with D23 members in mind, and each piece is authorized by the Walt Disney Archives. D23 members will have exclusive or early access to a wide assortment of Walt Disney Archives Collection pieces.
* D23 Expo and Member Special Events: The D23 Expo – to be held at the Anaheim Convention Center from September 10-13, 2009 — will be “The Ultimate Disney Fan Experience,” featuring incredible speakers, celebrity appearances, breathtaking exhibitions, interactive experiences, sneak peeks, film screenings, one-of-a-kind merchandise, and much more. All Disney fans are welcome, but D23 members will receive a discount on Expo admissions and early access to the show daily. D23 also offers unique members-only special event opportunities throughout the year.

Disney Twenty-Three Quarterly Publication: Disney today launches its new quarterly publication Disney twenty-three, a hybrid entertainment and lifestyle magazine that is the all-access pass to discovering the magic of Disney’s past, present and future. Its name pays homage to 1923, the year The Walt Disney Company was founded.

DISNEY.COM/D23: The D23 site on Disney.com will serve as the premier online destination for Disney fans, highlighted by breaking Disney news, exclusive feature stories, blogs, historical retrospectives, a collectibles boutique, special event information, and other content. The D23 online experience includes News & Features, Walt Disney Archives, Disney twenty-three, Expo & Events, and Boutique23. Highlights include:

NEWS & FEATURES
Late-breaking news, press releases, and photos of interest to fans from every part of Disney.
“Twilight Bark” – inspired by the Disney animated feature 101 Dalmatians – offers up the latest tidbits and news “bites” from all around the world of Disney.
Feature articles and interviews on current Disney topics from theme parks and animation to television and motion pictures, as well as historical retrospectives.
Official Disney Bloggers – Get regular updates on films in production at Walt Disney and Pixar Animation Studios, current Walt Disney Imagineering projects, and the Walt Disney Archives.

WALT DISNEY ARCHIVES

“This Day in Disney” – A daily walk down memory lane.
“What’s Old Is News” – Go back in time and enjoy rare, vintage and classic articles, stories, interviews, press materials and other highlights from deep within the Disney Archives.
“Ask Dave” – Disney Legend and Chief Archivist Dave Smith answers your questions about Disney history.
“Archives Library” – helpful Disney reference tools including biographies, filmographies, award chronologies, Disney A to Z updates, historical profiles and other archival information.

DISNEY TWENTY-THREE

The online home of Disney twenty-three, D23’s quarterly publication.
Expanded stories, interviews and imagery.
“D Society: Online Edition” – regularly updated photo gallery.
“The Funny Page: Daily Edition” – a delightful daily dose of vintage Disney comics that haven’t been seen outside the Disney Archives in decades.
“Making Magic” – An archive of the unique crafts featured in Disney twenty-three.
“Disney Dish” – Always be able to find your favorite recipes from Disney twenty-three.

EXPO & EVENTS

“D23 Expo” – The official Web site for everything you need to know about “The Ultimate Disney Fan Experience” September 10–13, at the Anaheim Convention Center, including programming, show hours, celebrity appearances, keynote speakers, ticket information, vacation packages, and more.
“D23 Member Special Events” – Throughout the year, D23 hosts special events created just for its members. Members can find out which ones they want to attend and how to register.

BOUTIQUE 23
D23 merchandise and collectibles, including D23 member-only offerings from the Walt Disney Archives Collection
Hosted by Disneyshopping.com
D23 membership
D23 membership is not required to visit Disney.com/D23, but some merchandise and special event opportunities are exclusive to D23 members.

Fans can join D23 at www.Disney.com/D23, all Disney Store locations within the United States, select shops at Disneyland Resort and Walt Disney World Resort, and www.DisneyShopping.com/D23.

About D23: The name “D23” pays homage to the wonder and excitement that began in 1923 when Walt Disney opened his fledgling studio in Hollywood. Through the years, Disney has captured the imagination of millions around the world, and, as requested by Disney fans everywhere, D23 gives them a greater, richer connection to the entire world of Disney by placing them in the middle of the magic.

Quote :
Imagine a place where every step you take immerses you further into the Disney movies, magic and memories that live so deeply in your heart.

That place will become a reality from September 10–13, 2009, when the D23 Expo comes to life at the Anaheim Convention Center. The Expo is the single largest gathering of all things Disney — so huge, in fact, it couldn’t fit at the Disneyland Resort just across the street!

The incredible experiences, exhibits and presentations at the Expo are another way D23 will connect fans to the timeless stories, characters and amazing worlds that we create here at Disney. Guests entering the main showroom floor of the recently renovated Convention Center will discover exciting pavilions from every part of The Walt Disney Company. Each will offer unique immersive experiences the whole family can enjoy. Parks and Resorts, Walt Disney Records, Disney Consumer Products, ABC, ESPN and Walt Disney Imagineering — to name a few — will all be featured. There will be surprising gallery events, author appearances and signings and even a beautiful Disney Home to walk through. Radio Disney will rock the Expo every day, and you can expect favorite Disney talent to make appearances throughout the event. (We hear there may even be a wedding!) And please stay tuned!… the D23 Expo micro site, coming soon, will give up-to-the-second breaking news about the Expo, including ticket information and online ordering, the latest event information and everything you need to know about the ultimate Disney fan experience!

One complete hall will be devoted to the eye-popping Disney Dream Store, an unbelievable shopping experience bursting with products from every corner of the Company. The Dream Store will also house merchandise that’s exclusive to the Expo, including magnificent pieces created just for D23 members from the Walt Disney Archives Collection.

Also nearby is the expansive Collectors Forum, where fans can buy, sell and trade from their Disney collectibles. The Forum will feature a massive Pin Trading headquarters — perfect for both casual collectors and ardent enthusiasts.

The Center’s spectacular 5,000-seat arena, one of its most visually striking and iconic features, will feature top Disney executives delivering keynote addresses, as well as fantastic fashion shows and live performances. Upstairs from the main halls, Walt Disney Studios are also combining the Center’s five enormous ballrooms into the giant Studio Theater, where they will offer continuous presentations and screenings of thrilling upcoming fare from animation, live action, Disneynature, Muppets and more. Expect filmmakers and talent to drop in for sneak peeks at movies from A Christmas Carol and Prince of Persia to The Princess and the Frog and Tinker Bell and the Lost Treasure.

While Expo show floor hours will be from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. daily, there will be a number of screenings in the evening. D23 members will receive a discount on Expo tickets, as well as special early entry to the event starting at 8 a.m. Tickets for the Expo will go on sale this spring, so stay tuned for details. The event is open to both D23 members and the general public. For more information, visit D23Expo.com.

Expo Highlights!
Here are just a few of the happenings you won’t want to miss at the D23 Expo. Check out D23Expo.com for more details!

Keynote addresses from Bob Iger, president and CEO, The Walt Disney Company; Dick Cook, chairman, Walt Disney Studios; John Lasseter, chief creative officer, Disney and Pixar Animation Studios; Rich Ross, president, Disney Channel Worldwide; Jay Rasulo, chairman, Walt Disney Parks & Resorts; Bruce Vaughn, chief creative executive, Walt Disney Imagineering — and many more!

Stunning fashion shows celebrating new Disney Couture and Disney bridal gowns.

Watch your favorite Disney classic films on the big screen once again at The 50 and Fabulous Film Festival. A panel of special guests will discuss their memories and the significance of these beloved films. At the first D23 Expo, we will celebrate those that reach the half-century mark this year. On the roster: Sleeping Beauty, Darby O’Gill and the Little People and The Shaggy Dog!
Back to top Go down
http://awake7thexfallen.blogspot.com
WalkonPooh
Admin
Admin
WalkonPooh

Are You 23? Empty
PostSubject: Regarding 23   Are You 23? I_icon_minitimeMarch 12th 2009, 05:47

If you're like me and at first you were a little bit like this

Are You 23? 1224656000954_anonib

about why this new fan club was called, "Are You 23?" then this should clear it up for you. Also, if you're interested in Disney trivia, be it from the movies or theme parks, I highly recommend this blog. This is the guy who used to do the DSI's with Lou and he's second to only Lou in terms of his knowledge of Disney.

http://www.2719hyperion.com/2009/03/legacy-of-23.html
Back to top Go down
WalkonPooh
Admin
Admin
WalkonPooh

Are You 23? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Are You 23?   Are You 23? I_icon_minitimeMarch 21st 2009, 04:40

Bumpin' this, just wondering what your thoughts are on 23? Haven't heard what you thought about it all and there is some major division in the Disney community. Half the people (people like Lou) think it's fanatastic. The other half thinks its a complete ripoff. What do you think? Any interest?
Back to top Go down
loveisstatic
Admin
Admin
loveisstatic

Are You 23? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Are You 23?   Are You 23? I_icon_minitimeMay 27th 2009, 11:17

i wasn't really interested in it at first, mainly because i thought it was something completely different than it turned out to be-didn't really give it much of a chance. whiistling but recently (or more like a month ago, haha) i decided to check it out and i came across a lot of really great things. i really love the news updates and the cute comic strips. Smile
Back to top Go down
https://loveydoveyndisney.forumotion.net
WalkonPooh
Admin
Admin
WalkonPooh

Are You 23? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Are You 23?   Are You 23? I_icon_minitimeMay 30th 2009, 06:36

Have anything they've announced for it made you want to join? Like how close are you to joining percentage wise?
Back to top Go down
loveisstatic
Admin
Admin
loveisstatic

Are You 23? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Are You 23?   Are You 23? I_icon_minitimeJune 12th 2009, 07:53

now that i know what it is, and i've seen what all they offer.. if i had the 75.00 to spare i'd probably join right on the spot. especially with a trip coming up, i'd love to be a member.

i do wish they hadn't made the joining fee so expensive. Sad
Back to top Go down
WalkonPooh
Admin
Admin
WalkonPooh

Are You 23? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Are You 23?   Are You 23? I_icon_minitimeJune 12th 2009, 20:58

I guess when you add up all the content, it's worth it. The magazine is supposed to be beautiful, maybe we should go to Barnes and Noble to see if they have it and get one and decide from there?
Back to top Go down
loveisstatic
Admin
Admin
loveisstatic

Are You 23? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Are You 23?   Are You 23? I_icon_minitimeJune 14th 2009, 03:02

sounds liek a great idea to me. here's a review with some pictures included: d23 magazine review @ stitchkingdom.com
Back to top Go down
WalkonPooh
Admin
Admin
WalkonPooh

Are You 23? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Are You 23?   Are You 23? I_icon_minitimeJune 16th 2009, 18:21

Thinking of going to pick up the issue if it's still around on friday.
Back to top Go down
loveisstatic
Admin
Admin
loveisstatic

Are You 23? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Are You 23?   Are You 23? I_icon_minitimeJune 17th 2009, 05:34

yeah, same here. it looks amazing from what i can tell. =)
Back to top Go down
WalkonPooh
Admin
Admin
WalkonPooh

Are You 23? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Are You 23?   Are You 23? I_icon_minitimeJune 17th 2009, 07:43

If the magazine is good enough, then it's worth it to do the $75. It's a quarterly magazine and the newstand price is $15. $15 x 4 = 60 alone, so it's $15 for all the extra stuff you get basically.
Back to top Go down
loveisstatic
Admin
Admin
loveisstatic

Are You 23? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Are You 23?   Are You 23? I_icon_minitimeJune 18th 2009, 02:38

i hear the magazine is almost too pretty and nice to take out of its slip cover.. hypnotized it has..its own..slip cover... it's like a keepsake in itself.

and remember i have a barnes membership, so i wonder if it's available for discount?
Back to top Go down
WalkonPooh
Admin
Admin
WalkonPooh

Are You 23? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Are You 23?   Are You 23? I_icon_minitimeJune 21st 2009, 04:09

I think all magazines you get a bit of a discount of. If you don't go buy it I'll post some pics from my cell if you wants?
Back to top Go down
WalkonPooh
Admin
Admin
WalkonPooh

Are You 23? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Are You 23?   Are You 23? I_icon_minitimeJune 21st 2009, 04:59

The cover:

Are You 23? IMG00064

In comparison to Game Informer, which is a fairly large magazine:

Are You 23? IMG00067

Article about the upcoming animated Rapunzel movie, which I hadn't heard of before the magazine:

Are You 23? IMG00065

Donald article:

Are You 23? IMG00066
Back to top Go down
loveisstatic
Admin
Admin
loveisstatic

Are You 23? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Are You 23?   Are You 23? I_icon_minitimeJune 24th 2009, 05:22

ohhh, so that's where you got the "oh look, i have a halo" idea from. it's all so clear to me now. Wink

the magazine looks amazing. is it as beautiful as everyone is saying?
Back to top Go down
WalkonPooh
Admin
Admin
WalkonPooh

Are You 23? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Are You 23?   Are You 23? I_icon_minitimeJuly 1st 2009, 18:05

Hardy har har!

Yeah, very well made in quality and as you can see, larger than a large magazine.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Are You 23? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Are You 23?   Are You 23? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Are You 23?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Disney anything and everything!  :: Everything else :: General news/Rumors-
Jump to: