Disney anything and everything!

prep and countdown to our romantic disney trip. =)

HomeRegisterLog in

Share | 

Leaked Fantasyland 2.0 blueprints

Go down 
AuthorMessage
loveisstatic
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Leaked Fantasyland 2.0 blueprints   July 20th 2009, 07:17

apparently someone at disney has leaked some pretty realistic blueprints laying out all the new attractions planned for fantasyland in magic kingdom.

Quote :
So what will the expanded area consist of? It remakes everything from where the current Little Mermaid meet and greet is, moves Dumbo, and goes back to the service road all the way across to the existing Toon Town Fair tents. The only attraction that will remain from the existing Toon Town is Goofy’s Barnstormer. Dumbo will now be located across from the Barnstormer and will be expanded to two spinners doubling the capacity of that popular attraction.

The rest of the expansion is dedicated almost entirely to the Pixie’s and Princesses that has become the marketing and merchandising focus of the Walt Disney Company the last few years. There are three new meet and greets Pixie Hollow is expanded, Cinderella gets a larger meet and greet, Princess Aurora (aka Sleeping Beauty) also gets a spot. Calling a meet and greet an attraction may be a bit of a stretch, but there are ways to expand the experience and elevate it to attraction level. Let’s hope that’s in the budget.

Ariel, the Little Mermaid has a meet and greet too, but she also gets a whole new attraction (essentially a clone of what is now under construction in California). It looks like Belle gets a meet and greet and a new “Be Our Guest” restaurant. At one time there was a Dinner Theatre restaurant by that name planned for Disneyland Paris, I wonder if they’re reviving that concept.

The only thing thats missing is one more roller coaster for the area. There was supposed to be a Snow White Mine Ride.

Ooohh, I love the Be Our Guest restaurant idea! clapping

I know it deserves a little skepticism, but whatcha think?

doug always and always. =)
Back to top Go down
http://loveydoveyndisney.forumotion.net
WalkonPooh
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Leaked Fantasyland 2.0 blueprints   August 6th 2009, 10:24

Like you said, needs to be looked at with some skepticism, but everything I've heard says this is real solid. I wonder though with the downturn and their profit margins being down if this won't be delayed until after all signs of the recession are over.

I really like that there would be a dedicated area for Beauty and the Beast, you know how I love that movie and then the Little Mermaid one has been talked about forever. In fact, I believe if you look on the Little Mermaid DVD they go through a virtual ride that was previously planned for the Magic Kingdom.

Fourth WDW Trip - October '11

Back to top Go down
http://awake7thexfallen.blogspot.com
loveisstatic
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Leaked Fantasyland 2.0 blueprints   August 6th 2009, 21:41

oh wow, i didn't know that. we should look into joining the disney movie club again sometime.

doug always and always. =)
Back to top Go down
http://loveydoveyndisney.forumotion.net
WalkonPooh
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Leaked Fantasyland 2.0 blueprints   August 12th 2009, 04:50

Haha sometime maybe. First D23 I think.

Fourth WDW Trip - October '11

Back to top Go down
http://awake7thexfallen.blogspot.com
Sponsored content